Bubalo Goode and its affiliated firm, Becker Law Office, PLC, strive to help the greater Louisville, Kentucky, area through its legal work. We also give back to community through charitable groups and civic organizations. Our firms and our attorneys have contributed in various ways to organizations that help mold the character and quality of life in our home here in Kentucky. Here is a list of organizations we have supported along with their stated missions and activities:
Schools and educational organizations
- Butler Traditional High School in Louisville is a part of the Jefferson County Public Schools and has been recognized as a Kentucky Education Reform Act (KERA) Rewards School. We help sponsor the Butler softball team.
- Central High School Magnet Career Academy in Louisville offers career magnets in medicine, law, computer technology and business through dual credit (college and high school) courses as well as other industry certifications, business/educational partnerships, and work co-op experiences. We assisted with a fundraiser for a Central High family displaced by a fire.
- DeSales High School is a self-sufficient Archdiocesan-sponsored Catholic high school for boys that serves families in and around the Louisville area. We participate in the school’s annual golf fund-raising event.
- Lindsey Wilson College is a four-year liberal-arts college affiliated with the Kentucky Conference of The United Methodist Church.
- Eastern High School Bands teach young musicians of Eastern High School in Middletown, KY, to function in large group and small ensemble settings through the marching band, concert and symphonic bands, jazz band and percussion ensemble. We helped with a donation to see the marching band off to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- The Fund for the Arts in Louisville works to generate resources, inspire excellence and create community connections that maximize the impact of the arts on economic development, education and the quality of life for everyone.
- Kentucky Opera is a respected regional company designated the State Opera of Kentucky since 1982. In addition to a season of performances each year, Kentucky Opera offers educational opportunities for students of all ages that include a touring program for schools, final dress rehearsals for students, composer workshops, opera previews and more. Bubalo Goode was a proud sponsor of Kentucky Opera’s production of “Aida.”
- The Louisville Orchestra offers a varied concert series to the community, including classical programs featuring world-renowned guest artists, lighter classical and pops performances, and educational and family performances. The orchestra is also the resident performing group for the Louisville Ballet and the Kentucky Opera. Bubalo Goode participated as a sponsor in the Orchestra’s “Dancing with the Stars” event.
Social welfare groups
- The Americana Community Center assists individuals and families of the diverse Louisville Metro area, including refugees, immigrants and natives, to enable them to realize their individual potential, build strong families, and create a healthy and supportive community for everyone. We helped sponsor the Winter Festival, including an appearance by Becker Bear!
- The Center for Women and Families provides supportive services, community education and cooperative partnerships that foster hope, promote self-sufficiency and rebuild lives of the victims of intimate partner abuse or sexual violence.
- God’s Pantry Food Bank works with more than 275 partner agencies to fight hunger and alleviate the symptoms that accompany hunger in 50 counties of central and eastern Kentucky. Our firm has assisted the Food Bank in several ways, including sponsoring a semi delivery truck for a year, sponsoring the Taste of the Bluegrass fundraiser, and making additional donations.
- Home of the Innocents provides short- or long-term residential care for children, a home for pregnant and parenting teens, crisis shelter services, foster care services, in-home and in-school support services for children with autism, and care for medically fragile children.
- The Portland Promise Center is a faith-based community center in Louisville’s Portland neighborhood working to help the community realize its potential – spiritually, socially, educationally and economically. Bubalo Goode has been active with this organization in fundraising, donation of services, and providing resources.
- Our firm ponsors a softball team for the Blessed Teresa of Calcutta Parish, which has served the south side of Louisville since it was formed from the merger of the St. Jerome and St. Mary parishes in 2008.
- The St. Margaret Mary Catholic Community serves approximately 1,850 parish families and 5,500 members in the Louisville area. We have helped to support the annual picnic which is the major fundraising event each year.
- The YMCA of Louisville puts Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all. These include fitness, sports, education and training programs, as well as modeling the values, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health and educational achievement. Bubalo Goode participates in the Y’s annual Spirit Campaign fundraiser.
Help for the ill
- American Cancer Society has for more than 100 years supported cancer research, education and prevention through a worldwide organization and local affiliates, including the Louisville office at 701 W Muhammad Ali Blvd. The firm and our staff are committed to the fight to end breast cancer and we participate in the annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk.
For the 2013 event, our firms Bubalo Goode and The Becker Law Office, held a chili/dessert sale on Friday and invited the tenants in our building. We raised over $500 for the American Cancer Society/Breast Cancer Awareness. The photos below show the Bubalo Goode team for the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk held yesterday in Louisville and also Attorney Michael L. Cannonpartaking in some chili.
- American Red Cross provides care to those in need through disaster relief, blood collection and donation, health and safety education, and services to our nation’s military families. The Louisville Area Chapter of the Red Cross serves Fort Knox and Bullitt, Breckinridge, Carroll, Grayson, Green, Hardin, Hart, Henry, Jefferson, LaRue, Meade, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer, Taylor and Trimble counties in Kentucky; and Crawford, Floyd and Harrison counties in Indiana. We are fortunate to be able to help the Red Cross with its annual Wrapped in Red Gala and other events.
- Bridgehaven provides community-based psychiatric rehabilitation and recovery services, education and support to those touched by mental illness.
- The Brain Injury Alliance of Kentucky serves Kentucky citizens whose lives have been affected by brain injury. BIAK offers programs of advocacy, education, prevention, research, service and support. Bubalo Goode has participated in multiple events for the BIAK, including donating bicycle helmets to at-risk children at a Christmas celebration.
- The Healing Place was founded as a homeless shelter in 1989 and has become one of the nation’s most effective long-term, social model addiction recovery programs. With 75 percent of its alumni remaining sober after one year, the success rate of The Healing Place is five times the national average for recovery facilities.
- Hosparus, an accredited nonprofit hospice organization, provides care, comfort and counseling to more than 5,500 patients with life-limiting illnesses and their families in Kentucky and Indiana each year. Bubalo Goode was a table sponsor at Hosparus’s “Dancing with the Stars” Event and Becker Law Office managing partner Kevin Renfro was a contestant!
Sports and recreation groups
- We have helped Amputee Golf Charities (AmpGC) sponsor the annual Amputee Tournament Players Championship (TPC) in Shelbyville, Kentucky.
- The Louisville Bats Baseball Club, the Triple-A affiliate of the five-time World Series champion Cincinnati Reds, provides fun and affordable entertainment to Kentucky families in the safe and clean environment of Louisville Slugger Field at the corner of Preston and Main streets in downtown Louisville. In addition to distributing Bats tickets to area Boys & Girls Clubs, the Portland Promise Center and other groups, we have sponsored Greater Louisville UK Alumni Association night with the Bats.
- Becker Law Office joined the Kentucky Pro Football Hall of Fame event at the Kid’s Fun Day by donating bicycle helmets for each child who wanted one plus giving away boy’s and girl’s bicycles.
- Becker Law Office is a proud team sponsor with Southeastern Baseball, the Lexington, Kentucky, affiliate of the Cal Ripken League of youth baseball teams.
- We have provided financial assistance to support The Village of Louisville community athletic teams.
Fraternal and service organizations
- The Fraternal Order of Police Bluegrass Lodge No. 4 is the second-largest FOP lodge in Kentucky, with members from the Lexington Division of Police, University of Kentucky Police, the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, Versailles Police Department, Sadieville Police Department and several others, as well as members from federal and state agencies. Bubalo Goode assisted with the Lodge’s “Shop with a Cop” Christmas event.
Bubalo Goode also supports a number of local, regional and national legal and professional organizations. We’ve provided event sponsorships and/or direct monetary donations to these organizations:
- The American Association for Justice (AAJ) – previously known as the Association of Trial Lawyers of America or ATLA – promotes a fair and effective justice system and supports the work of attorneys in their efforts to ensure that any person who is injured by the misconduct or negligence of others can obtain justice in America’s courtrooms, even when taking on the most powerful interests.
- The Fayette County Bar Association is a non-profit organization founded in 1926 that provides a professional and social network for more than 1,000 Lexington area lawyers.
- The Greater Lexington Paralegal Association provides continuing legal education for paralegals, and promotes the paralegal profession while communicating with the legal community and the general public about the paralegal profession.
- The Greater Louisville Claims Association is a member of the Kentucky Claims Association, six affiliated organizations that come together as a forum for adjuster discussion and education about changes and solutions for industry issues.
- The Kentucky Justice Association is committed to strengthening the civil justice system so that deserving individuals can get justice, and wrongdoers are held accountable. It opposes efforts to weaken basic legal protections and further stack the deck against the average person.
- The Legal Aid Society provides free legal services to the most disadvantaged in our community to further its mission to pursue justice for people in poverty.